Necessary Angel is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Marketing and Outreach. The primary role of the Director of Marketing and Outreach is to coordinate, administer and execute our Outreach and Marketing programs, with the aim of growing and diversifying our audience and connecting our work with individuals and communities of all kinds. To this end the Director of Marketing and Outreach will enhance the participation of our audiences in all that we do. The key objectives of the position are to build relationships and disseminate content.
• At least 2 years experience working in a professional arts organization environment;
• Post-secondary education in arts, arts administration, marketing, or equivalent;
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently, collaboratively, and meet deadlines;
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (some experience working with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Flash Media and standard web content management system, Drupal, an asset)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Artistic sensitivity and understanding of the creative process of planning a season;
• Familiarity with building web content, social media and e-marketing;
• Experience creating, executing and tracking a marketing plan and related budgets an asset;
• Video editing experience an asset;
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references no later than August 31, 2010 to the attention of Matt White.
Applications submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted. Please put “Director of Marketing and Outreach” in the subject line.
We are hoping to begin working with our new Director of Marketing and Outreach as early as the the middle of October.
We thank all applicants. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You may also submit by mail to:
Necessary Angel Theatre Company
401 Richmond Street, Suite 392
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
Re: Director of Marketing and Outreach